FURTHER EDUCATION AND TRAINING CERTIFICATE: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TECHNICAL SUPPORT
1. Effective Communication is demonstrated with fellow IT staff & with users of information systems, in the form of written and verbal communication.
2. An understanding of different types of computer systems and the use of computer technology in business is demonstrated, being able to describe the different computers systems and associated hardware and network configurations and investigate (sometimes under supervision) its use within organisations.
3. The ability to identify different problem solving techniques, and when and how to apply them, is demonstrated.
4. A fundamental understanding of Computer Technology Principles are demonstrated by explaining computer architecture, networking and operating systems concepts, as well as different data storage methods.
5. An understanding of use of equipment safely for technological purposes is demonstrated, being able to install, maintain and upgrade hardware or infrastructure in areas of specialisation, according to customers’ Service Level Agreements, manufacturers’ recommendations and safety regulations.
6. Working effectively as a team member within a support environment, taking part in team activities and understanding different roles within different support teams.
7. The knowledge of the techniques & skills needed in one or more areas of specialisation is demonstrated by carrying out a small size task that is covering the assessment criteria explained in the unit standards selected in the specialising area being assessed in.
SAQA ID: 78964 NQF LEVEL 4 CREDITS: 163
MSC Certificate of Completion
12 Months full-time studies