Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014 (20462)
This official Microsoft five-day instructor-led Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Databases (20462) course provides students with the knowledge and skills to maintain a Microsoft SQL Server 2014 database. While the course focuses on teaching individuals how to use the new SQL Server 2014 product features and tools related to maintaining a database, it also covers the important capabilities across the SQL Server data platform.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Some experience with database design
- Plan and install SQL Server.
- Describe system databases, the physical structure of databases, and the most common configuration options related to them.
- Explain the concept of the transaction log and the SQL Server recovery models and implement different backup strategies that are available with SQL Server.
- Back up SQL Server databases.
- Restore SQL Server databases.
- Import and export data by using wizards, the bulk copy utility, and data-tier applications.
- Work with SQL Server security models, logins, users, and contained databases.
- Work with server roles and database roles.
- Use permissions to secure resources.
- Use SQL Server audit and Transparent Data Encryption.
- Work with SQL Server Agent to configure and execute jobs.
- Implement SQL Server Agent security, proxy accounts, and credentials.
- Configure database mail, alerts, and notifications.
- Create database maintenance plans.
- Use SQL Server Profiler, SQL Trace, and Distributed Relay.
- Use Distributed Management Views and configure data collection.
Course Days: 5 Day(s)