Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure (20413)
Attend this official Microsoft Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure (20413) training course and gain hands-on instruction and practice planning, designing and implement a physical and logical Windows Server 2012 R2 in an enterprise environment. This course is the prerequisite to the follow on course to Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure (20414). The two courses collectively cover designing, planning, deploying, securing, monitoring, automating, and virtualizing an enterprise server infrastructure. This Server Infrastructure course covers the knowledge and skills needed to provide an enterprise solution that supports manual and automated server installations in a physical and virtual environment including the supporting file and storage services. You will also learn the skills necessary to provide enterprise networking solutions such as DHCP, IPAM, VPN, and DirectAccess and to implement a forest and domain infrastructure including multi domains/forest and branch office scenarios.
- A good understanding of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) fundamentals and networking concepts.
- A good working knowledge of both Windows Server 2012 R2 and Active Directory® Domain Services (AD DS). For example, domain user accounts, domain vs. local user accounts, user profiles, and group membership.
- A good understanding of both scripts and batch files.
- A solid understanding of security concepts, such as authentication and authorization.
- Familiarity with deployment, packaging, and imaging tools.
- Ability to work in a team/virtual team.
- Ability to produce good documentation and have the appropriate communication skills to create proposals and make budget recommendations.
- Knowledge equivalent to Windows 2012 R2 MCSA.
- Implement server upgrade and migration.
- Design an automated server installation strategy.
- Plan and implement a server deployment infrastructure.
- Plan and implement file and storage services.
- Design and implement a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) solution.
- Design a name resolution solution strategy.
- Design and manage an IP address management solution.
- Design a VPN solution.
- Design a DirectAccess solution.
- Implement a scalable remote access solution.
- Design a network protection solution.
- Implement a network protection solution.
- Design a forest and domain infrastructure.
- Implement a forest and domain infrastructure.
- Design a Group Policy strategy.
- Design an Active Directory permission model.
- Design an Active Directory sites topology.
- Design a domain controller strategy.
Course Days: 5 Days