ekasi it solutions
Delivering Effective Business Presentation Skills
Candidates will learn how to determine realistic presentation objectives, analyze the audience, use supporting materials effectively, organize a presentation clearly, and successfully incorporate visual aids. Course activities also cover reducing the fear of speaking, remaining calm, appearing relaxed, and improving the delivery of your presentation.
Module 1: Write for a specified audience and purpose
- Identify the purpose for writing, the target audience and the context are clear in relation to the learning task or activity
- Use the appropriate test-type, style and register selected appropriate to audience, purpose and context
- Ensure that language appropriate to social-cultural sensitivities are selected and used in an appropriate manner without compromising own values or arguments
- Compose writing that is well structured and conveys its message clearly
- Identify examples of critical thinking skills and how they are used as strategies for planning
- Produce writing that reflects a clear point of view with sound reasons and facts to support arguments and logical development of a clearly articulated premises
- Understand how research skills are evident in the way data and information relevant to the context is identified, located, selected and synthesised for inclusion in the final text
Module 2: Produce coherent and cohesive texts
- Clearly express meaning through the use of a range of sentence structures, lengths and types.
- Use paragraph conventions and links between paragraphs in texts, promoting coherence and cohesion in writing/signing.
- Explain the use with reference to logical progression, cause and effect and/or contrast
- Control the overall structure of a piece of writing/signing and clearly formulate the conclusion
Module 3: Draft and edit own writing
- Edit a draft to improve on the original
- Control grammar, check and adapt diction/clarity of sign, sentence and paragraph structure for consistency
- Achieve logical sequencing through logical sequencing of ideas and overall unity
- Edit out major grammatical and linguistic errors
- Inappropriate and potentially offensive language is identified and adapted/removed
- Experiment with different layouts and options for presentation appropriate to the nature and purpose of the task
Course Days: 2 Days