ekasi it solutions
Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud (Course Code 10751A)
Candidates will learn how configure and deploy a cloud using Microsoft
- Windows Server 2012 R2 operating system
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- Working knowledge of previous versions of System Center products
1. Planning for the Cloud
Students learn how to plan for a hybrid cloud. This includes the various cloud models, understanding
the requirements for a private and public cloud and designing a private cloud infrastructure. They are also provided with an overview of the System Center 2012 R2 components.
- Understanding Cloud Models
- Benefits for Deploying a Private Cloud
- Designing a Private Cloud Infrastructure
- Overview of Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V
- Overview of System Center 2012 R2 Components
- Deploying Hyper-V Clustering with VMM
2. Configuring and Deploying the Private Cloud with Microsoft SystemCenter 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
Students learn how to configure and deploy a private cloud using Virtual Machine Manager. This includes an overview of the various Virtual Machine Manager components including Security Roles and host groups.
- Overview of VMM Architecture and Components
- Configuring Advanced Networking in VMM
- Installing and Upgrading VMM
- Configuring VMM Security and Roles
- Understanding Host Groups
3. Extending and Maintaining Cloud Infrastructure
Students learn how to extend and maintain the private cloud infrastructure. This includes how VMM integrates with WDS and WSUS and how to deploy bare-metal Hyper-V host servers. They also learn how to configure software updates for the private cloud fabric using VMM.
- Overview of the PXE and Update Server Roles
- Deploying Bare-Metal Hyper-V Host Servers
- Configuring the Update Server Role
- Creating and Using an Update Baseline
4. Configuring Application Delivery
Students learn how to configure application delivery for the private cloud using VMM. This includes configuring dynamic application deployment and sequencing applications using Server App-V.
- Dynamic Application Deployment Overview
- Web Deployment Packages
- Server Application Virtualization Overview
- Configuring Server App-V Components
- Sequencing and Deploying Virtual Applications.
5. Creating the Private Cloud Building Blocks
Students learn about the private cloud building blocks which include configuring virtual machine templates and profiles in VMM. They also learn how to configure the Service Provider Foundation and networking in VMM.
- Configuring Guest Operating System Profiles
- Configuring Hardware Profiles
- Configuring SQL Server Using SQL Server Profiles
- Configuring Application Profiles
- Configuring Virtual Machine Templates
- Configuring Service Provider Foundation
- Configuring User Roles
6. Deploying and Configuring Access to a Private Cloud
Students learn how to deploy and access a private cloud. This includes configuring private cloud resources and private cloud capacity. They also learn how to install and configure App Controller and how to manage services and service templates.
- Understanding Private Cloud Computing
- Installing and Configuring App Controller
- Creating and Managing
7. Monitoring Cloud Infrastructure
Students learn how to monitor the hybrid cloud infrastructure with Operations Manager. This includes installing and configuring Operations Manager and integrating Operations Manager with other System Center 2012 R2 components.
- Operations Manager Architecture and Security
- Operations Manager Installation Considerations
- Configuring User Roles and Notifications
- Configuring Management Packs
- Configuring Integration with System Center 2012 R2
8. Extending and Customizing Monitoring of the Cloud Infrastructure
Students learn how to extend and customize the monitoring of the hybrid cloud infrastructure. This includes configuring System Center Advisor to assess the hybrid cloud infrastructure configuration, integrating Operations Manager with SharePoint and how monitoring templates are used in Operations Manager. They also learn how to implement distributed application monitoring in Operations Manager.
- Configuring System Center Advisor
- Configuring the SharePoint Server Portal
- Monitoring Templates
- Distributed Application
9. Implementing Service Management for the Cloud
Students learn how to implement service management for the private cloud using Service Manager. This includes an overview of Service Manager including the architecture, understanding work items and configuring connectors in Service Manager. They also learn how to configure notifications in Service Manager.
- Service Manager Architecture Overview
- Upgrading to System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager
- Understanding Service Manager Work Items
- Configuring Service Manager Connectors
- Configuring Service Manager Notifications
10. Configuring High Availability, Disaster Recovery and Protection for a Cloud
Students learn how to configure protection and disaster recovery for the private cloud. This includes configuring Hyper-V Recovery Manager. Students are also provided with an overview of Data protection Manager (DPM) and learn how to configure data protection and recovery in DPM.
- Planning for Azure Site Recovery
- Planning DPM Deployment
- DPM Architecture and Components
- Upgrading DPM
- Configuring DPM for the Private Cloud
- Configuring Application Protection for a Cloud
- Restoring Applications to the Cloud
11. Automating and Standardizing a Cloud
Students learn how to automate and standardize the private cloud using System Center 2012 R2 Orchestrator. This includes an overview of Orchestrator including its architecture and components. They also learn how to configure Integration Packs and Runbooks in Orchestrator and how these can be used to automate processes in the private cloud.
- Orchestrator Architecture and Components Overview
- Deploying and Configuring Core Components
- Managing Runbooks
- Configuring Integration Packs
12. Configuring a Self-Service Multi- Tenant Cloud with the Windows Azure Pack
Configuring a Self-Service Multi- Tenant Cloud with the Windows Azure Pack.
- Configuring the Windows Azure Pack
Course Days: 5 Days